Friday, August 22, 2014

In the midst of my pity part, I remember something very, crucially important.


I’m 23 years old.

It’s Friday night.

My plans? I had dinner with mama at Waffle House and came home to an empty apartment.

I’m living the life, right? WRONG!

Tonight, via Facebook of course, folks are celebrating life with their friends, enjoying dates with their spouses, or spending much needed time unwinding with their families. I don’t have that – and that’s a terrible feeling.

I desire nothing more than a family of my own. I envision coming home from a long shift to find a husband and children running through the house. I can see us cooking supper together and sitting down to enjoy said food. I can imagine evening walks. I want bath times and bedtimes and fairytales to send the kiddos to dreamland. I want to cuddle with a husband and watch late-night television or just talk about our day before we retire to the bedroom. I can imagine waking up late to the man of my dreams on lazy weekends and making pancakes every Saturday morning. I dream of Sunday afternoon lunch with the whole family, my parents and siblings included.

I want this perfect, fairytale life. And tonight, it’s just me. Alone. In an empty apartment.

However, in the midst of my pity party, I remember something very, crucially important.

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Psalms 37:4

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding 
Proverbs 3:5

Peace and Love,
V

0 comments:

Post a Comment