Friday, March 15, 2013

In Loving Memory (Easter Care Package)

A few months ago, I let it be known that I felt my duty to Danny and to honor his memory was to adopt a soldier - to continue his fight, to support the troops (the troops that do the exact same thing Danny did, in the exact same place Danny was) in the only way I can. Click here for a bit more details.



This was the first package I tried to get together to send. The emotional toil of this hit me a lot harder than I expected. I was buying stuff and decorating this box for someone who wasn't Danny - someone I didn't know and someone who wasn't my fiance. I know this is what Danny would've wanted. We've had lots of conversations about adopting military men and women once we got married and once we started to have kids. It would be this consistency in our hectic army life. We knew that if he stayed in the army, he would eventually be deployed and we hoped that by having always sent packages to someone, our children would find comfort in this. But, I guess that dream is long gone now.

Anyways, I've found trying to shop for a soldier you don't know is really difficult. Does he like this or that?! Would he prefer this or that?! Many questions flood your mind about what to get, etc. I did my best. I'm sure this soldier will appreciate it and I know Danny would be proud.

Until Next Time - stay safe, stay strong, keep your head up and keep pressing on
-V-

0 comments:

Post a Comment