Monday, January 26, 2015

Wolf Ridge Ski Lodge 2015

It's that time of year again, folks! Ski Season!! (:

I say that as if I've actually been brave enough to attempt hitting the slopes. I'm terribly sorry to disappoint, but that would be a big, fat negative. You know, something about tumbling down a mountain of ice and snow just doesn't seem appealing to me. Disclaimer: I will eventually try it ..like maybe next year when I can't get kicked out of school, fall behind in school, or lose my job offer.

The past few years, I've tagged along with my brother and his boy scout troop on their annual ski trip. This year, however, I was able to share this experience with my whole family and our church youth group. Due to financial reasons, we weren't able to spend the whole weekend, but the day trip was a lot of fun anyway! After all, the Bible teaches us to be content with what we have (Hebrews 13:5).

The day started entirely too early; 4am to be exact. By the time we reached Mars Hill, NC, there was snow everywhere and it was snowing pretty hard if you ask this Georgia Belle!! It was so pretty though. Anyone who knows anything about me knows I'm absolutely crazy about the mountains and cows - and they were everywhere. It's gorgeous up there, y'all.

Wolf Ridge Ski Lodge @ Mars Hill, NC
1.24.15
Hickory Grove Baptist Church Youth Ski Trip
Mars Hill, NC
1.24.15
Road Trip to NC
1.24.15
The folks seemed to have had a blast skiing ..or attempting to ski. We were incredibly blessed to have this opportunity to fellowship together, to have a great time together, and to all make it home in one piece.


Peace and Love,
V
Y'all didn't think I forgot the selfies, did ya?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment