Friday, November 2, 2012

Letter Writing 101

As a military girlfriend, I send lots and lots of letters! I have lovely MilSOs that I write to and of course I'm always sending some kind of snail mail to that boy of mine! Writing letters and cards take a lot of time and effort but I think that's the thing that makes getting a handwritten letter in the mail so rewarding - that and of course the fact that someone was thinking of you! Seriously, who checks the mail and doesn't act like a kid at Christmas when they get a letter?! Umm - no one!

I was talking to my friend the other day and she was telling me about her boyfriend (who is in prison) and how that now he's been transferred to a new location they are writing letters to one another. Okay, he's in jail and can't talk too often, I get it! But this girl didn't know how to even label the envelope - her mom showed her! lmao. Seriously?! Didn't we learn this is elementary school?! lol. I love her though - she's so funny!! I just like giving her a hard time! :P

While we're on this topic, I figured I'd give the low-down on letter writing!

  1. Always mention the funny things that have happened to you since the last time you wrote or spoke! Yes, you may have the opportunity to tell him over the phone or skype before he gets the letter, but that just means that when he rereads the story he'll think about that conversation the two of you had - your voice, your tone, and he'll hear your voice in his head when he reads it! ♥
  2. Put some really cute lyrics or quotes in there - just to make it really cutsy! You don't get to see each other for months at a time so you've got to let him know you're still in this relationship!
  3. Cutsy pictures and drawings/doodles are also very good! It makes him feel loved - that he was worth the effort.
  4. Always decorate the envelope too! Put stickers on the envelope flap and write cute stuff on the back! (:
  5. His address goes in the middle; yours in the upper left hand corner! I didn't think this needed to be specified but I suppose it does! lol.
  6. Don't forget the stamp (top right corner) !! I'm cheap so I just use the regular ones. But you can get really cute ones if you want AND if you're really into it, you can customize them too with whatever you want on them! There are some really cute ones in zazzle.com.
Happy Writing! (: Make sure to tell your loves hello from me! ♥

Until Next Time - stay safe, stay strong, keep your head up and keep pressing on
-V-

0 comments:

Post a Comment