Monday, October 6, 2014

"Meal Prep Monday" ...went a smidge awry

Monday - The first day of the week. The day to plunge into the weekly task list.

Fortunately for me, I generally don't work Monday, which is absolutely amazing since it allows me adequate time to rest after the busy weekend, get a jump start on weekly assignments, and most of all meal prep!

Disclaimer: I use to be really, really, really into health. As in, I counted calories like it was my job, ensured I had well-balanced meals, etc. Then. Danny died. I know I go back to that marker in my life a lot, but that's when things changed. Anyhow, as of lately, my diet has consisted of take-out and fast food and it is taking me entirely too long to get back into a semi-healthy lifestyle. But never fear, I'm not the type to give up without a fight.

This weekend has been exceptionally "fall-like"; cooler weather, wind blowing, etc. This always throws me in the mood for southern comfort food. I've taken that concept and ran ...maybe a little too far. Then again, how wrong is pumpkin and chili? And if that's wrong, I don't think I wanna be right!

First on the list: PUMPKIN SPICE COFFEE CREAMER! I know this isn't really a "meal prep" item, but hello! PUMPKIN SPICE! It literally turns coffee into heaven. I swear, y'all. And at only 15 calories a pop, I'll take it!

Next, bring on the homemade apple butter. Don't dock me for the lack of "progress" pictures, I was in a hurry. It is delicious, though! Seriously, y'all. Swipe a tad on cinnamon raisin bagel thins and BAM! Go here to find the recipe.

Peanut Butter Dip - this can make the angels sing! Apples are in season so they already taste amazing. Add this to those apple slices and here you have a delicious 150 calorie snack. Now the whole wide world is jealous of you! Recipe

PUMPKIN SCONES! Amazing. Point. Blank. Period. Find the recipe here!

Finally, lets wrap up the weekly goodies with chicken chili and cornbread! Recipe

Now that meals and snacks are prepped and stored away, bring on the week! The headache that is nursing school. And the amazing satisfaction of caring for people who need my help!

Peace and Love
V

0 comments:

Post a Comment