Saturday, February 14, 2015

Reynold's Nature Preserve

Happy Valentines Day, y'all!

It's been a passion of mine for quite some time now to get into hiking and trail walking. I love the mountains (no surprise there!) and the views from the top are spectacular. However, I'm out of shape and overweight (again, no surprises there) and have a lot of anxiety about my abilities to make it up the side of a mountain or down waterfalls. But. You cannot get anywhere without trying, or worse, never starting.

So today, on the day that is all about passions and love, I started. Nothing major, obviously, because A) it's freezing and B) I only had a few hours. But, I went and wandered around and loved every single minute about it.


Reynold's Nature Preserve


The trails are about 45 minutes from my apartment and honestly, I wouldn't drive it to walk these trails all the time. Today I wanted a trip of some sort, to get out of my apartment, and to just ..go. As I mentioned earlier, I'm really overweight and out of shape, but I found these trails to be extremely easy. The outer perimeter trail is about 1.5 miles and the two inner trails about 1 mile each. There's a couple very slight inclines, but nothing really crazy unless you're trail running. I'm sure the park is gorgeous in the spring, summer, and fall, but everything is ridiculously barren right now due to the time of year.


The trails are well maintained and easy to walk. However, the trails aren't clearly marked and I managed to get lost a few times. The park was relaxing though and very much needed for my own sanity. The cold air was exhilarating! I'm most definitely not a city girl, and I need more dirt in my life.

Peace and Love Y'all,
V

0 comments:

Post a Comment